Saturday, April 18, 2015

Running Buddies


If you’re like me than you lack motivation and it takes everything in you to get up in the morning and workout. Or if you run on your own at the end of the day, you make excuses because you are tired, hungry, and have things to do. The point is we can make as many excuses as we want and it’s never going to make us feel better. We know that we always feel better when we workout; it’s just hard get started. That’s why I think every runner should have a running buddy or accountability partner.

Running buddies are the best. I consider myself a social person and I love talking while I run. I’ve noticed that when I have a running buddy to talk to, my workout flies by. It also keeps me moving because, I have someone I have to keep up with. When I’m on my own I find myself walking because nobody is around to push me or encourage me. It makes it ten times easier to run with a buddy! I promise.

                Try to find someone who loves to work out or who’s at least more motivated than you are. Keep in touch with them and become reminder buddies or accountability partners. It’s always easier to do something when you have someone to keep you accountable. One thing I have to remind you of is that you can’t get mad at your buddy. They are there for you, helping you out when you need to be told to get up off your butt. If you get mad at them they might stop reminding you to work out and then you’re the only one at a loss. Just be nice even if you really wish they weren’t telling you to run.

                You can also become someone else’s motivation! Encourage your friends when they are doing something hard.  It’ll make them feel good and accomplished, and they’ll be glad that you care.

327

               

 

No comments:

Post a Comment